Application for the following post/s:
Please indicate which post/s you wish to apply for:-
I certify, that to the best of my knowledge, the information I have given on this form and in the supporting statement is correct. I understand that in the event of my appointment, any inaccuracy or omission coming to light may disqualify me from employment and render me liable to dismissal.
Eligibility to work in the UK
Are you eligible to work in the UK?
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to bring documentation to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
To your knowledge, have you ever had any allegations made against you relating to the safeguarding of children or adults at risk which has been reported to and investigated by Social Services and/or the Police?
If YES, we will need to discuss this with you.
Do you have any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings that are unspent or not "protected" as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013)?*
Are you currently under investigation, awaiting trial, verdict or sentencing in any criminal proceeding?
If YES to either question, please give details.
Depending on the role you may be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure before any offer of employment can be confirmed.
*The post you are applying for is ‘exempt’ from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore, you are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ (i.e. filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). The amendments to the Exceptions Order provide that certain ‘spent’ convictions and cautions are 'protected' and are not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website. The DBS Code of Practice and our own procedures are available on request for you to read. It is stressed that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to appointment, only if the nature of any matters revealed could be considered to place children or vulnerable adults at risk.
Please specify any special requirements or equipment which may assist you to participate in the recruitment / interview process.
- We take our obligations under data protection legislation seriously. These require us to explain how the data you provide on the application form and any other data which may be created in connection with your application may be used.
- The information you provide on this form, together with that obtained from other relevant sources will be used to process your application for employment. The personal information will also be used in a confidential way to help us monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment processes and the data will be anonymised.
- We may also use the information if there is a complaint or legal challenge relevant to the recruitment process.
- Any data about you will be held in securely with access restricted to those who need it in connection with dealing with your application and selection.
- If your application is successful and you become an employee of Oasis Community Housing the information will be used for the administration of your employment and payroll and to provide you with information about the organisation.
Please give details of any other training or courses attended since leaving school that are relevant to the job role. Please provide the Course Title, Date of Course and Length.
Please also provide details of any membership of professional/technical bodies you may have. Please provide the Professional Body, Membership Number (if Applicable) and Renewal Date.
Present Employment (current or most recent)
Time Unaccounted For
Please give details of any time not already accounted for above (including unemployment).
Oasis Community Housing Values and Ethos
Each of our core values comes from an element of the Christian faith, reflected in the work and life of Jesus. We seek to reflect these in our work.
OCH is comprised of staff and volunteers from all faiths or none and never seeks to impose its beliefs on anyone, but does require all employees to understand and sympathise with the Christian ethos and values of the organisation and commit to embedding these values within their work.
How would you seek to incorporate the OCH ethos and values into your working practice?
Please write a supporting statement below indicating:
1) Why you want this particular post
2) What qualities and experience (in a paid or unpaid role) you can bring to the post.
3) Any further information about your experience which has not been covered elsewhere in this Application Form and that is relevant to this post
Please give the names of at least two referees. One should be from your current or most recent employer (if applicable). If that is not possible, please explain why. None of the referees should be related to you.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
We are committed to Equality of Opportunity in respect of our recruitment and employment practices to ensure that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
It is important for us to monitor the effectiveness of our Equality & Diversity Policy. We would like you to assist us in this by completing the form attached.
This information is confidential and its sole use will be for monitoring purposes only.
This information will not be used in either the short-listing or appointment process and will be separated from your application on receipt.
All questions are optional. You are not obliged to answer any of these questions but the more information you supply, the more effective our monitoring will be. All information supplied will be treated in the strictest confidence. It will not be placed on your personnel file.
How did you hear/learn about this vacancy?
Do you know anyone currently working for Oasis Community Housing?